Tuesday, November 8, 2022

“FOOD AND FAITH GO TOGETHER” WHY?

A News Story November 2022 ... Medical News Today

It's a warning... 

You can have a noticeable change in your health in ten days. It took Daniel, and his three friends that long to prove that “things grown” are effective quickly (in Daniel 1:12).

If food by faith is a new thought for you, think of this: the journey of your life is a one-time opportunity to do the best you can, to search for the most wisdom you can find. You can become physically, spiritually, mentally all God created you to be!

The variety provided by our Creator is vast, from cows and sheep to grains and watermelon, nuts, broccoli, and squash…how about a focus on our health!

If we believe in an all-wise Creator, eating the right food makes sense. He made everything to be for the wellbeing of all humanity: our welfare, health, and our eternal salvation. He poured love into our world through the life, crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, “The Way, the Truth and the Life….”

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (I Thessalonians 5:23). Sanctified means set apart. Let faith be an adventure.

MEDICAL NEWS TODAY

Monday, November 7, 2022 this was published

Ultra-processed food consumption linked to premature, preventable death

Written by Jessica Norris

 

·  Dietary patterns can have an immense impact on health outcomes. 

·  Ultra-processed foods that go through large amounts of processing can lose nutritional value and contain unhealthy elements.

·  A​ new study adds to a growing body of research showing that ultra-processed food consumption may cause premature, preventable death. 

 

 

START SOMEWHERE

For the first years of our marriage, and before I could afford to buy what I pleased in the grocery store, our three sons, Joshua, Josiah, and Zachariah were one to five. Eric was earning minimum wage as an Electrician’s Helper. My budget for food was $18.00 a week. The cost of food was often beyond my ability to pay for it. I remember praying as I shopped and looked at the fruit and vegetable departments, “Lord, I cannot buy those big red apples. They are there and out of reach. Help me to be able to buy them.” It was up to God to provide, I knew. We were eating healthy low-cost food. The grapes and pears were expensive, too so I looked for fresh fruit on sale. Vegetables, cut and bagged were beautiful just to look at. But I got good at chopping and cutting, and often still do. Buying whole wheat flour from a friend who ground it fresh, and baking our bread was natural because my mother had baked whole wheat bread often for our family of ten. Also, I could afford to bake granola with whole oats, raisins, honey, butter, and olive oil. I bought whole grains and made bread. Meat was for flavor, beef, and chicken. I made whole wheat chocolate cake, oatmeal, and carrot cakes. The frosting, cooked on a double broiler with raw sugar and egg whites, then cream cheese added.

No comments:

Post a Comment