Wednesday, September 25, 2024

VALUE MORE THAN FOOD

If we just knew. Job knew.

“I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food."  It is about God’s wisdom and  discernment, which in the end is the most secure, safe, and satisfying thing on earth.

Food highlighted in Scripture does not give Protein, Vitamin and Mineral value. We can be sure of its potency because it is figurative wisdom right in the context of the passages: The Holy Spirit includes certain food like milk and honey because of its value for our health.

Job wrote that the value of spiritual food, God’s wisdom, was his highest priority. God’s wisdom leads to everything else in our lives that is the best for us. Food throughout Scripture is often figurative examples of spiritual truth. It is up to us to meditate on the meaning. “I have brought you into a land flowing with milk and honey” is memorable. It is encouraging because of its truth.

This example: “And wine that makes glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengthens man's heart.” Psalm 104:15. Who does not want to be glad, have joy and a face that shines? A strong heart means the rest of you benefits from its power.

 "But he knows the way that I take: when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:10-12. 

Reading the Bible “the words of His mouth” every day, and obeying it, is like “walking with God:” your guarantee for a successful life. A good diet alone may not contribute to a successful life.

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

 I Thessalonians 5:23.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment