Tuesday, July 14, 2020

WHY ARE YOU CAST DOWN, O MY SOUL?

https://buildingbylizzie

It finally got to me:  the bad news, the differences in medical opinion, the news, the condemning verbiage, “How dare you..." (not think like I do!)

And then my husband and I had an argument about the bicycle saddle. For many weeks now it has caused pain, a lot of pain, halfway through a long ride.  He thought I would get a good one that would be dependable for a long time. I suggested, once too many times, that we should go to Amazon for a cheap bicycle seat.

It was converging … the bad news, the fear, the “what if” and the possibility of more violence happening in our Country.  I lay down, closed my eyes and wondered, “Am I backsliding, growing spiritually lukewarm, losing hope.  I lay down on the couch, my soul cast down, then I thought of something.

In the past, when I was discouraged, this had come to mind, now it did again, a Scripture. “Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted (great commotion, moan, troubled, etc.) in me? Hope in God.” KJV.

This powerful prayer is written three times in two Psalms: 42 and 43.  The prayer is powerful because it works. Today, it worked again…and here I am: hoping again, faith again, pursuit of a life growing in the Spirit.

All three verses are there for the same reason.  Sometimes we are hit in the soul and need immediate attention from the LORD. And the hope and "life" came.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." KJV Psalm 42:5

"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why do you moan within me? Hope in God; for I shall praise Him, the salvation of my face, and my God." MKJV Psalm 42:11

"Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why do you moan within me? Hope in God; for I still praise Him, the salvation of my face, and my God." Psalm 43:5 MKJV


No comments:

Post a Comment