Sunday, March 3, 2024

WHEN YOU FEEL BAD, DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEBODY ELSE

How vulnerable should I be! With our kids grown and married with children, work, admirable callings, I came home from Church this Sunday. Everything was all right at first: I made a late breakfast for Eric and myself, cleaned up and took a nap on the couch.

Suddenly I woke, my mouth open, my nap over and I felt bad, useless, a critical attitude toward the world flooded my mind. I felt afraid of the future, afraid of my own feeling of inadequacy.

I felt attacked.

As I lay there awhile, I decided to pick up the iPhone and look up Animal Control, to find the way to reporting a Pit Bull dog that had bitten both my husband and me. A nice couple, who have no children love this dog, as the owner told me, “We love her like our child.” But the website required personal information I would wait to give only if necessary. Instead, I will likely write a hardcopy letter.

I got up from my nap, looked at the Calendar and saw that next Sunday is both Daylight Savings and our children’s anniversary.

So, a pencil and chalk drawing for their card happened in the next hour or two. Thanks to my electronically savvy husband, Eric, the card should be ready to mail in the next couple of days.

I feel better now. I am useful. I love my husband of almost fifty-one years, our children…all of them: our three sons, three daughters in law and grandchildren. I am blessed. I have useful things to do…one attitude is to get once again interested in cooking healthy, good tasting, attractive food. "Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world..." Philippians 2:14,15 

LORD, let me be a light.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment