Tuesday, April 21, 2020

WHO, ME?



You never know what God has “up His sleeve” for you…Follow God through the pages of the Bible. Pray to him through Jesus Christ our Lord, then learn to listen to the “still, small voice” that you have within you. When you believe in the Redemption from your sins through Christ Jesus. You are a Believer. He promises that the Holy Spirit of God dwells in you.

A few months back, I picked up a ukulele hanging in my husband’s office. I cannot remember where this instrument came from. I think it is Eric’s, but I confiscated it. There was a “still, small” desire to sing and play one afternoon so I took it down from the wall, sat on the couch and began playing, “Is Your All on The Altar?” Growing up, when our family of ten traveled the lower Forty-eight States, Canada and some in Mexico, my sister and I played and sang this together in the Churches we visited. Could I remember how? My ability was basic. You may have heard the Country Music, “Three Chords and a Rhyme” critique. I remembered two keys with three chords.

Skip a few months. On the way to our Publix Grocery Store, I watched as a beautiful Assisted Living Complex was built and became home to privileged residents. I walked into the Reception area one day and asked if they would like to have a hymn sing on Sundays. Later, the Activities Manager called and asked how much I would charge. I told her, “Nothing.” She told me that this was the right price. And we decided on a date.

A surprising thing happened: my husband, Eric, and our son Zach offered to go with me and play. Our daughter in law, Roxy and their daughter, Lilly would come and support us, hand out music and greet. I was excited and affirmed. But then something more surprising happened. My husband and son told me that I am the leader of the group. Who me? It is true that I “felt led” to walk into the beautiful new home. It is true that morning after morning new songs and hymns were on my mind as I woke. It is true that the uke was somehow familiar still. It is true that the idea was planted in my head.

Being appointed “leader” by Eric and Zach (who are both amazing musicians), stunned me. I had always followed growing up. With Choleric, gifted siblings, I, a middle child, had always considered myself nonessential. How literally unkind I had been to myself! How insulting to my Creator! Girls, you never know fully what He will ask of you until you are standing face to face with your Creator.

Currently, since the beginning of this year everything is at a standstill. The worldwide pandemic has “us all taking a breath,” but we are more than Conquerors through Him that loved us. We are unique and special because we are the Creation in the image of God. Never, never say, “Never.”

No comments:

Post a Comment